Sunday 20 May 2012

Ascension Sunday:

"Heaven is not UP there, rather, it is OUT there"


Its Ascenion Sunday today! Dr Tan preached today and he said this. Which I found to be really meaningful. So heaven is actually another realm! -inserts shock face- All along I've been one of those people that have believed that heaven was actually UP there and not OUT there. Today's sermon really opened my eyes a tad wider. (:


Had a pretty mundane Sunday. Church > Homed > Tuition > Dinner. Went to Boon Keng/Bendeemeer for dinner and ate at a coffee shop that sold Thai food. Its pretty good! And the prices are cheaper than Nakhon's at Kovan. Soo, pwiddy good deal. <: Would've taken a picture of all the mouth-watering dishes that we had but I had tuition before that so...it wasn't practical of me to do that. Secretly slacking now. I'm letting myself have a break over the weekends before going back to the hectic schedules that the school offers. Urghhhh. Chinese Timed Practice for the whole week! Everyday! Oh wells. Gotta keep telling myself that the school cares.


Anyway, just now, while I was in the car with Momz to tuition, she told me she was worried about the kind of boy I'd bring home. She said that JW's qtpie was the awkward kind. And I might be bringing back the "weird" kind. Told momz that I didn't mind if my boyfriend had weird hair. Its just a phase, anyway. But she said that "weird hair" = complicated background. WHICH I STRONGLY DISAGREE. Wished that momz wasn't so sterotypical. I mean, looks aren't all that right? Whether or not I get a boyfriend with a rainbow coloured mohawk or a boyfriend with absoloutely no hair, its up to me to choose, right? If I happen to fall in love with a bald guy then...maybe it'd save a lot of trouble for US. But if I fall in love with a guy that has a rainbow coloured mohawk then....tounges will wag for sure.

It hurts me to know that momz might not accept the guy I love. And so will everyone else. Kinda sick of sterotypical people. But I guess I'm one too. Either that, or I'm just old-fashioned. *shivers* Maybe I'll never have a boyfriend and my #foreveralone dream comes true. :/ Or maybe I'll only get married at 60+ and I'll be a wrinkly bride. :O So..my sis would prolly have kids and a loving husband and so will all my friends. And I'll either be a wrinkly wife or......single.


Okay, if I'm still single by then, I'll flood my home with cats and I'll sit on a rocking chair knitting sweaters for them wondering what the fuck went wrong in my life.





(:

No comments:

Post a Comment