Saturday 26 April 2014

Wanna take this time to dedicate a post solely to one of my best friends.

I have a group of friends in school consisting of 6 or 7 other girls. Some may think its too big a group but i think its a cosy number. Theres enough of us to cause a ruckus or mayhem. But nonetheless, i am thankful that i met twin and gt because they are the ones that has seen my ugly sides.

I'm really grateful for having gt in my life. I know we had a rough start. I didn't like her in sec 1 because i thought she was annoying-i still do-and kinda like an ah lian. But when i had my first "breakup" with SJ, she was there for me. Surprisingly. And i have no idea why or how she came to talk to me. Okay, it was more of a text lol.  And i guess our friendship blossomed from there. 

This was what, sec 3?

I don't have many photos with you babe, but i hope that our collection of photos together will grow as time passes. You are so important to me babe. I know i may not be the easiest person to be around, especially with my short temper and crazy mood swings. But thankyou for staying in my life when i pushed you out so many times. 

Sometimes i say the wrong things, hurtful things, things that i don't mean. And whether i intentionally or unintentionally said that, you, despite being hurt and insulted still showered me with love unconditionally. You always gave off that confident, strong, reliable vibe and that's what i really like about you. (:

I remember once in lower sec i forgot to complete our chinese holiday homework which was a composition, and i text you late at night asking-okay more of begging-you if you could do it for me. It was late and you were helping a lot of other people too. But you still said yes. I know that if the roles were reversed, i would've just ignored your message!


We have our quarrels, our fights, our differences. But despite all the shit and insults i hurled your way, you still stood by me and never once did you leave. For my birthdays you didn't mind getting me whatever i wanted, be it 3 seasons of Hawaii 5-0 DVD or a giant Craftholic bunny or a stupid floral snake for christmas.

But i don't need materialistic things to make me happy or to appreciate our friendship. I'm already thankful and appreciative enough that you would walk me to my block or even to my apartment unit at 11.30pm at night even if it means you reaching home past midnight yourself. 

You also scare all the bad and scary people away from my life when it gets too overwhelming. 

It was so difficult for me to go to pfp because i didn't want to leave our clique and you. But thank you for supporting my decision to go even when we both know how difficult it was.


I don't care if we're to lesbian for people. I don't care if we get mistaken for lesbians. You're such an important person in my life babe. You would never mind doing things for me like coming to my house at 8.30am just to pass me my calculator and physics file for my science tuition even before i was awake. I don't know how i am ever going to repay you or be half as good as a friend you are to me, to you. 



MAMA was probably my first real "horror" movie in a cinema. Thank you for always agreeing to watch horror films with me. I remembered how you will take time off from studying for your O's just to catch a movie and dinner with me just because i asked for it. 

You have done so much for me babe, and thankyou for being a pillar to lean on, and faint on even. Thankyou for accepting my flaws, my weaknesses, my shit and basically, just me. 


I am so thankful for you gt. Thank God for placing you in my life. Here's to more years of causing mayhem and annoying the shit out of everyone. Let's grow old and wrinkly together and let our kids be friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment